Business Management Consultant
With his vast academic, project management, strategic planning and problem solving skills and a passion for delivering solutions focused results, Steve formed his management consultancy company Factor X Ink in 2010 to assist companies in operating more efficiently and meeting organisational goals.
Contact Stephen for a no-obligation chat to discuss how he can help the people in your organisation achieve your common business goals. Stephen can help strengthen your organisation or facilitate the success of your next critical business project
Coffs Harbour Business Consultants specialising in:
- End Results - facilitation & projects
- Management Consultancy
- Sustainability - economic, environmental, social & community
- Consultation & engagement
- Organisational capability & audit
- Leadership & motivational training
- Environment, ecosystem & natural resource management
A Brief History Of Employment
Starting out as an administrative clerk at The Department of Technical and Further Education before establishing his own successful building services management and resourcing business, Stephen continually focused on his higher education and developing his expertise and skills while working full time.
Key appointments include, Environmental Management and Hygiene Consultant, Senior Environmental Health and Building Surveyor, Project Manager of Coffs Harbour City Centre Revitalisation Project, Director of Coffs Harbour City Services and General Manager of Coffs Harbour City Council. Along with managing many large scale projects with high levels of leadership and strategic planning, Steve also spent 14 years as a lecturer, teaching in the field of Microbiology, Food Hygiene and Science at Coffs Harbour Education Campus.
Gaining his Bachelor of Applied Science (Environmental Health), then the award of Master of Science (along with many other post graduate business management, leadership and project management qualifications), Steven paved himself a successful career serving local people and business community of Coffs Harbour. Some of Stephen's relevant qualifications include:
- Australian Graduate School of Management Executive Programs, "Making Strategy Happen Program". Australian School of Business, University of New South Wales.
- Diploma in Leadership Management (Leadership Management Australia (LMA).
- Award of Master of Science (Research - Ecosystem and Natural Resource Management), University of New England, Armidale.
- TAFE Lecturer in Hygiene, Microbiology and Science, Coffs Harbour Education Campus.
- TAFE Teacher Training - Basic Methods of Instruction and "Train the Trainer".
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Environmental Health) (University of Western Sydney - Hawkesbury Agricultural College).
- Scholarship, Worksafe Australia - The Occupational Health and Safety Commission. Major in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Associate Diploma Health and Building Surveying, Sydney Institute of TAFE.
Published Papers By Stephen Sawtell
In his many varied roles Stephen Sawtell has written nearly 50 note-worthy discussion papers, scientific technical reports, publications and research findings. Some examples include:
- Managing In The Storm - Change Culture and Attitude. NSW Local Government Association, Human Resources Conference
- An Analysis of Ecological Change in Relation to Human Settlement Patterns and Activities in the Coffs Harbour Region, Thesis Master of Science UNE.
- Effluent Reuse - Submission to the NSW Government Public Inquiry into the Management of Sewage and Sewage By-Products in the Coastal Zone(AIEH, NSW).
- An Environmental Management Model for Local Government Discussion Paper for the Environmental Protection Training Seminar, December 1990, AIEH (NSW). This paper became the basis for "Environmental Management, A Guide for Local Government". Funded by the Environment Protection Authority and published by AIEH (NSW) for all Local Government Authorities.
- Building a World Class Water Business Case Study, Coffs Harbour City Council Water Management. Australian Water Summit.
- Leadership and Motivation Regional Community Managers Forum, Department of Community Services.
- State of the Environment Report - Involving Your Community State of the Environment Training Seminars. Wagga Wagga, Tamworth and Sydney.
Stephen Sawtell is... The Six Million Dollar Man
Following extreme rainfall and flooding events in Coffs Harbour, Stephen proposed a multi-million dollar strategy to offset these problems. Sawtell project manages many large scale environmental projects, one of the most notable being the 18 million dollar Coffs Harbour flood mitigation, storm water and drainage works program.